A Little History
Founded in 1907 as the Ellis Lutheran Church, Christ Lutheran Church has been providing God's blessings for over 100 years. The original building, purchased in 1910 for $1000, was located at the south end of the present building. In 1923, a lightning strike to the steeple caused the original building to be damaged beyond repair. On May 10, 1925, the cornerstone of the current building was laid. The church was dedicated five months later on Oct. 11, 1925. In 2006 Christ Lutheran Church left the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) and voted to join the American Association of Lutheran Churches (AALC).